Friday, April 6, 2012

Night time scrapping

Last night's twitter crop was so much fun.  I don't even know how much I got done, but it was fun to connect with people in real time over our shared hobby. 

I thought it would be fun to share some of what I made here too. 


A very artsy layout for me.  I actually made most of this at the art museum on Sunday at one of their family activity stations.  I used painters tape to block out the chevron shape and then alternated red and pink pastel.  I covered that with some tracing paper and pinned the texture materials on top as well.  I printed out the photo collage (6 photos on a 4x6 print for little square photos) on cardstock and pasted them into a photostrip. Even that washi tape came from the craft table at the museum. 
Still debating about adding a title and journaling.  Any thoughts?


Supplies: background paper is kesi art, photo matted with new grey SC, pink foam thickers, wood alpha misted in yellow, pink paislee wood table, house of three green tissue paper, pebbles tissue flowers, and crate farmhouse and random border stickers.
I had started this layout earlier but finished it up last night.  Mostly just the journaling and stitching.  Originally was going to staple that tag on there, but @soaphousemama started stitching on her layout, so I started stitching on mine.  It definitely took a little longer, but I like how it turned out.  I also spent a little extra time on the journaling.  I usually just write extemporaneously and you'll find the grammar and spacing is awful.  I just read Smitha's e-book and she recommended planning out your journaling.  Writing it down elsewhere first definitely helped a lot I think with flow and neatness.  
I think I'm done with this layout but still considering lacquering the wood with nail polish.

A lot of people ended up joining us for #twittercrop last night and I think it is going to become a regular thing.  Ladies, share what you made last night with us and I'll put up links to your projects too.

2 comments:

  1. #TwitterCrop was so fun! I am still working on my double pager with the stitching...hope to finish it today :) I love your stitching on the tag - looks awesome! And, I LOVE your artsy layout. Can't wait 'till our next "crop" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here it is!!! http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/498045-soaphousemama/1816356-lovely-details-curious-scrappers-field-guide/?c=t

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...