Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week In the Life Wednesday

 My photo collage for wednesday.  Eaiting apples at school. A walk to the park. More circus room pictures (hello theme?).


I started on the first page of the album as well.  Still debating adding a photo or some washi.  I really, really want to keep this album as simple as possible.  Then I started stitching.

Polaroids in the album.  At the suggestion of my friend Smitha, I added a bit of journaling to both the photos and on the facing page as well. Keeping it simple, but couldn't resist adding some strips of washi (red floral, teal airmail and gold airmail).

 I used my paper trimmer to score lines on the page in hopes of journaling straight. The paper is from pink paislee's Nantucket line.

I stamped Monday and added another stripe of pale blue border washi. In keeping with the circle theme from the stitched doilies I punched a circle in the photo and pasted in some Ormolu flair.  Some pages just don't photograph well.  I like this page a lot in real life, but I can't seem to get the colors right on here.  Oh well.

I am participating in Week In the Life with Ali Edwards.  Just taking extra photos, trying to write down some more funny stuff that Avinash says all day long.  I started some very basic foundation pages, one for each day of the week.  Will probably do extra pages on the kids and our plants. 

5 comments:

  1. Hello, so glad your doing this project too. Love that your doing a collage, that's kinda what I want to do also. A little tape is always needed, lol

    Good for you getting a page done already, looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washi is sooo addicting!! I'm finding places to put it! Really cute album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing!!!! love all that journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really love the Polaroids, awesome day in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Wednesday segment ... Enjoying your site so I'm nominating you for my Illuminating Blogger Award for informative, illuminating blog content. I know not everyone participates in blog awards but I hope you'll at least check it out because it's a great way to discover new blogs and meet new web friends. If you're interested in participating, you can check out the details at my site ... foodstoriesblog dot com & then click on "Illuminating Blogger Award Site" in the upper right-hand corner ... Either way, hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...