Monday, April 23, 2012

Project Life-getting crafty

We spent this week away at my parents house.  I took lots of pictures, but worked pretty hard to narrow it down.  If I include too many, I feel like things start to luck cluttered and the week loses focus.  It is basically a one page spread with a two page Design E insert. Making mini layouts took a little extra time, but was a lot of fun.

This page is all about Easter.  I had fun using dear Lizzy vellum and Hambly white lattice overlays to create pages that would work on both sides of the page. I cut the banner flags from scraps I have been collecting all year. Little JBS plastic doily and Girl's paper flower embellishments on the banners.


 
I used my square punch and picture frame punch to cut the banner edge.  I also slid some papers into just one side of the picture frame punch to get a cool border cut on the edge.

Avinash called egg dyeing beeps & hue'os (huevos) last year and so we called it that again this year.  The paper is Amy Tangerine India Ink. I layered the photo with her die cuts, fabric tape and other washi (blue hearts, pink stripe, turqoise dot and green airmail smash tape). I stitched little eggs and misted them.  Glittery silver thickers because we glittered our eggs too.  These little letters are perfect for project life captions.

I cut this 8x10 photo down to 6x6 to fit the pocket.  Avinash was very excited to pick grass (onion shoots) and have me smell them.  Nandini wanted to crawl after him but we didn't really let her (her nana was worried about poison ivy/oak).

The flip side.  You can see the banner flags from the A-side peeking through the vellum and transparency.  I put washi tape over one of them. 

I made a felt banner while I was away with my mom.  I used the scraps to recreate it here.  Thought it was something different than just taking a picture of the banner.  We just got the tent that goes with it today, so this may be a little series in my project life album to come.


I used a scrap from the DaVinci Science Center that I take the kids to whenever we go home.  I love cutting stuff in half to fit the pockets.  I added SC paper and some journaling outside the lines.  I also swiped this gold dotted bag from some tea my mom got.  We drink lots and lots of chai at home.  No explanation needed really, so just some gold thickers on top.  I filled up a card with lots of OA sidewalk stickers that were very apropos to what Avi was doing all week - playtime! with our neighbors and his cousin. 
I love making flower petal snow, and Avi loves it now too of course.

My favorite card of the week.  A few letter stickers - old SC and basic grey letters.  The stamp is a new one from bananafishstudios.  All over top some stationery picked up from target.  Have used this several times and I always love the way it looks.  Maybe more than most scrapbooking paper I buy. 

Are you doing week in the life with Ali Edwards this week?  I have started with extra photos and note taking.  Mostly just trying to write more Avi quotes.  I have a plan for this album too so that the photos don't just languish on my hardrive like day in the life did.  Just some simple patterned paper and cardstock polaroid frames. 

Linked up with The Mom Creative and One Happy Mama for Project Life Tuesday. The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit. Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. And, please, link me up to any of your inspiring pages this week as well in the comments!

19 comments:

  1. so amazing! Your PL always has so many awesome details and I never tire of seeing it - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning PL. Love the colours and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - love your use of colors.. so bright and happy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a breath oif fresh air. I especially love your Amy Tangerine pocket. I am in love with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work! I love the use of color and you use it very well! Very cute photos and love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is GORGEOUS.
    I love all the banners. Especially the felt one!
    You put so much detail into this and the pictures are great. Looks like you all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...great spreads! Love all the banners! Cool use of that punch to create them. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always have such colorful pages. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your color makes my heart sing when I see your pages, woman! I love it all! the beauty in the 4x4 grids...love that page protector, need it :D wonderful week. love the need a haircut photo too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous pages! Thanks for the punch tips. I will definitely try that the next time I have some banners or flags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, so much color and fun in your pages. I love that your making mini layouts with them. How cute they all turned out. Looks like a fun week at your parents.

    I'm doing WITL also, it's fun to have all this to look back on!!

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I love it! The colours just rock!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the easter colors. Great idea with the punches

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoy seeing your colorful pages. I like how you photograph them too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your PL is so bright and full of color! love the banner:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh,my! I love every little detail in your spread--it's so happy and colorful and your family is adorable! What a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much colour and life in those pages.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful and bright as always. I love the felt flags and the dream paper rosette and the stamp! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you showcase your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...