Monday, April 2, 2012

Project Life - bluebells, butterflies, bows and Mad Men

This week was busy and the weekend was even busier.  There were so many little moments I wanted to record that flew by.  Oh well, that is how it goes some weeks.  So thankful for Ryan's iphone because that is where the majority of pictures came from this week.  I also took no pictures while Ryan was out of town and forgot to even write about it.  I totally should have included Avi's delight at going down the waterslides on the soggy playground one evening.  Oh well.

A simple one page, design D page.

I figured I'll be doing a few bluebells layouts soon, so I only included one picture from our trip to Brenham.  I just used the back of the vellum and covered up the stamped title with a bit of grey doily washi.
Avinash's cupcake picture is also from the same day.  I used this Elle's studio penant for the journaling. 
On Nandini's party dress picture, I used a JBS paint dabber in lemon drops to color the wooden butterfly.  They are such a nice quality and weight.  Definite love.
And how cute are those woolen bows from SC? If only real hairbows would stay in place as well.  I don't think the picture really does them justice because they are a little squished in the page protectors.  Next time I'll try them with a design A so they can pop over the top more easily.
Also, a rare picture of me and my friend Maria.  I used the Hambly lattice overlay on top of last week's kraft envelope.  You can't tell from the picture but it is the same stencil as their accent wall.  Just trust me, it's gorgeous.  

I used these black thickers on the bows card with Nandini and Roshan. (Please tell me you get it.. bows? beaus?  anyone, anyone? nevermind.)  I really wanted a group shot of at least the kids, but it just didn't happen.  Nisha looked so adorable and Audrey Hepburn-esque in this black dress with pearls on it.  Avinash threw a huge tantrum when he couldn't find a picture of him and Nisha together this week.  We are in trouble.
I used some banner chipboard on the swim card and woodgrain thickers.  Too bad the chipboard banner covers up most of the real one over the Y pool.  Don't forget the turquoise washi! Love the combo of red, turqoise and woodgrain together.  Bold but just enough neutral to make it play well with others.

This Mad Men card is one of the coolest things I've made, probably ever.  (Since I don't really do cool that well, but, I digress.  And I digest...toasted flour all brown sugar chocolate cookies. A really bad idea at 11pm.  See why I'm not cool? Too many bad puns. Sigh.)
I used the lovely new polaroid travel Abroad SC paper.  The little squares were perfect for 2x2 pictures.  Which was perfect for me because I had made a collage of 6 instagrams on one 4x6 photo.  I am down to bare bones on these vanilla fabric thickers, so the Ws became Ms for the title.  I have had this pack since Nandini was born.  Very weird to think about.  In my mind it matches the Mad Men font, but I was too lazy to actually check.
And, yes, that is a real gimlet in the picture. I was going to put down more journaling but decided the pictures were pretty self explanatory.  Plus I don't need the questions when they get old enough to read.  It's juice honey, it's just cherry, er, um soda!!

That's it.  No second page, no inserts, no tricky trick.  Just one more week ticked off into the done is good column. 

Linked up with The Mom Creative and One Happy Mama for Project Life Tuesday. The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit.   Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community.  I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week.  It definitely keeps me motivated.  And, please, link me up to any of your inspiring pages this week as well in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. lovely pages this week, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your pages, so pretty and full of goodies. Love love the "bow" it's darling. How awesome is that banner, you are so creative and fun with your pages.
    Keep up the good work and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used a w as an m many times!!! :)
    the app I used for the calendar is here

    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paperd/id493275935?mt=8

    it was free when I got it, but also has great day of the week pictures, state pictures, and other fun stuff perfect for PL layouts :)

    I use an app called...apps gone free...that gives you a list everyday of apps that are free for a limited time...and some days there are no apps I want and some days there are great apps for FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pages - they are so vibrant and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mad Men! YES! :) Really colorful and fun layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to seeing your pages! I love the Mad Men card, it was very cool indeed! Thanks for stopping by my blog & for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A.May.ZING! I love it all...best part, MAD MEN. love those thickers. I am down to my wire on my favorites too, now the letters are just weird, need more :) Your pages are aweomse. love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your Project life! I am so loving your blog right now... Gotta add you to my Pulse so I can go back and see all your layouts! tFS, and if I can get Twitter figured out, I'll join you guys on Twittercrop latish tonight. I can see your conversation about it, but I can't figure out how to join or follow you. The hubs will probably how me out, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...