Monday, April 9, 2012

Project Life - My Strawberry

This could also be the week all about food. We tried out three or four new food trucks in our area and went strawberry picking over the weekend. We stocked up on tons of farm fresh vegetables while we were there as well.

I included a lot of pictures from the strawberry picking outing, but I love the idea on Ali Edward's blog of just picking one daily highlight from her vacation week.  Limiting yourself gives you a certain creative push I think.  Also, my pictures are totally out of chronological order this week. Again. The first page is essentially tuesday through friday (with the extra strawberry picture thrown in), and the second is just the weekend.



Found these old OA stickers with strawberries on them.  Ah-ha! The exact reason why I hoard everything for so long.  In addition to my Clementine core kit, I mostly used Studio Calico and Crate Paper, uh, papers.  And, in case you are wondering, her strawberry onesie was purchased well over a year ago at Janie Jack and is two sizes too small, but still able to squeeze her in.  {FYI-all those red stains on her white shirt came right out with baking soda+hydrogen peroxide+dawn, the popular carpet cleaning formula going around pinterest these days.}

The top 4x4 instagram print is matted on Noteworthy pp.  I never thought I would say this, but I am so into woodgrain right now.  The B-side notebook paper was perfect for a long story too. The journaling sticker is Martha Stewart (textured egg shell oval label).

The two-part picture of Nandini at the bottom shows her playing the bottle cap game.  Not sure how long this phase will last, and it probably wouldn't have made it into the regular scrapbook, but it is a constant thing in our house right now.
 Journaled on an old Crate Emma's Shoppe accent paper.  These are double sided and normally it killed me to use them.  Now I can use both sides if I want. Embellished with a misted wood veneer house and pink hearts washi.


The tissue paper squares are from a library craft.  I may or may not have helped Avinash glue down extra tissue pieces while we were there because I wanted it to look more colorful.  Journaling on a Martha Stewart label sticker again.

How pretty are jasmine flowers? I usually am a terrible gardner so having anything bloom makes me ridiculously happy.  I added a spring AC Gardenia paper rosette and pink striped washi. Done. Love how easy it is to write on washi tape.

Another instagram collage, pasted on Clementine cards with little captions.  I needed something more, so more washi - yellow wallpaper.

I used picasa to make a photo collage of this printable note card and the Museum of Fine Arts Houston - Food Trucks logo.  I just took a picture of it there.  We tried out the Waffle Bus (Thursday), Ladybird (Friday), and the Rice Box (Sunday).  All were pretty good for vegetarians.




Strawberry picking, eating, swinging.   A random story about splashing in puddles while singing this song.



 No pictures, but I had to write out some of the April Fools pranks Avinash pulled.  The tag is Elle's studio vintage month flashcards with old foam letters and SC wood asterisks

Linked up with The Mom Creative and One Happy Mama for Project Life Tuesday. The PL kit I am using is the Clementine kit. Thank you so much to everyone in this wonderful community. I love all the feedback and looking at everything people do each week. It definitely keeps me motivated. And, please, link me up to any of your inspiring pages this week as well in the comments!

ps- I am using the new google+ option for uploading photos on my blog this week and HATING IT. The resolution is the worst. Need to find a new solution. Clue me in if you have any ideas please.

11 comments:

  1. Love your happy week of photos again. So pretty your pages are. How funny that your son pranked you on April Fools Day, pretty good for such a young boy. That is my hubby and mine's anniversary day so we told the kids No April Fools Day in this family, that way I never have to worry, lol

    Great job with all the strawberry picking, makes me want summer to come. It's been cold lately so I want some sunshine again.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the strawberry picking photos - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Dawn, what a happy week of photos! Love it! -heather (www.heathershomemadehome.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages. Love the strawberry pictures and the journalling about April Fools Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pages are so vibrant and colorful--fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you guys had a ton of fun especially on April fools day! I too love wood grain and I don't know why :)

    http://aprilbest1981.blogspot.com/2012/04/project-life-weeks-13-and-14.html?m=

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous pages - love everything, especially the strawberry embellie and the tissue paper art! i LOVED the link to the Bollywood song - I am a Bollywood film ADDICT - can't get enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ladies. @favouriteworkofart - I'm so glad you enjoyed the video. Now I'm in the mood to watch more bollywood movies right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the colors! Looks like you all enjoyed strawberry picking.
    http://melaniebritt.blogspot.com/2012/04/project-life-week-thirteen.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pages! Love how colorful they are. Love your addition of the tissue paper art from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! I love the embellishments that you use, they add even more beauty to the pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...