Wednesday, April 4, 2012

// Hastag TwitterCrop

So, after much feet dragging I finally joined twitter (hello, five years late? I know.)  The idea of only communicating in small amounts and using weird hashtags totally mystified me.  Plus, seeing what is trending and following random celebrities.  I just didn't think I could get into that.



Over the past few weeks I have discovered some things. It is a great way to talk to fake celebrities @HandmadeRyanGosling, who will tweet you back about your craft projects (hello butterflies). Or comedians like @mindykaling who post random romantic comedy scenarios late at night that make laugh at loud in the middle of whatever I'm doing.  I also love following the Dalai Lama.  He tweets these great inspirational spiritual quotes every once in a while. 

It is also a great way to get in touch with customer service.  Even though United has ignored all of my tweets about their wretched service, bliss spa did get back to me quickly about a mixed up order and sent me a free gift bag full of goodies.  Score!  

I also follow 'famous' scrapbookers.  Some of them will actually reply to you.  And some of them will actually become your friends.  People to motivate you and inspire you. 

I still don't get the whole hashtag thing.  Whenever I try them, figuring it must be a common phrase, like #girlslovemath for my pi day project.  No one has ever tweeted that before!!  It is a sad world we live in, I'm telling you. 

But, I'm a glutton for punishment, so we are going to try this hashtag business again.  I'm usually a pretty steady scrapper.  I find it relaxes me at the end of a stressful day.  Just all that cutting and gluing, looking over our pictures and reminiscing.  Yes, our days are often filled with cranky moments and tantrums, but luckily the photos remind us of all the good times too and even the tantrums seem funnier after the kids are soundly sleeping.

In an effort to break out of a recent slump I am joining forces with Smitha Katti to get our mojo back.  So, tonight the #scrapntweet for #momswhoscrapwhilekidssleep is on! Hashtag #twittercrop.  Start time is anytime after bedtime.  Pull out your stuff and tweet while you cut and paste.  An after dinner apertif is not required but can't hurt either. 



Avinash and I found a caterpillar yesterday and made him lunch before putting him back in the grass.  He was going crazy looking for his cocoon afterwards.  Can't wait to scrap moments like these.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a lot of fun (I found your blog from a post on the Studio Calico forum). I've never used Twitter, but I do have an account, and might try to join in tonight. How late will you be scrapping? I work until 10pm Atlantic time (9EST)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always stay up really late, like midnight or one am. 9 or 10 should be fine Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just passed the Lieb­ster Award to you Nirupama! http://www.smilingcolors.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nirupama,

    THanks for stopping by.

    Your work is amazing!!! Happy to meet u

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...